Get ready to energize your life?
Top Offers Only Today
Support your health and step-up your mental focus
post in: Products, News Date:06 Oct 2017, 09:23 views:2639
Wed like to pass on some tips from the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (acaai) and The Christmas Tree Association to help you steer clear of allergy and asthma symptoms during the holidays. Watch What You Eat, many of us enjoy attending holiday parties and bringing our favorite dishes for everyone to share. But if mcculley you have food allergies to things like milk, peanuts, eggs, asthma or tree nuts, eating the wrong thing can set off a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction.
The problem is, you may have no idea or get misinformation about the contents of a party dish.
So what should you do? First, ask the hosts if the dish contains any ingredients to which you are allergic.
Even if they say there are none, make sure you have an antihistamine and your epinephrine auto-injector, just in case.
If you want to be absolutely safe, bring dishes you prepared yourself to the party but bring along enough for others to enjoy.
Are you hosting the party?
You may want to check with guests beforehand to see if they have any food allergies. If they do, try to avoid serving any of those particular foods or make sure your guests with allergies know what dishes are safe for them. Trees and Other Triggers, if you have allergies, Christmas trees can lead to sneezing and wheezing.
Usually, these symptoms are often triggered not by the tree itself but by mold that grows on trees. A 2011 study performed by staff at the suny Upstate Medical University, which was published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, found that most Christmas trees carried about 50 types of mold, two-thirds of which could cause hayfever-like symptoms.
Indoor Christmas trees could increase the number of mold spores in the room by about 6 times. If youre determined to have a tree, consider an artificial one.
If you do get a real tree, consider rinsing off the tree with a hose and sprayer, and then leaving the tree somewhere warm to dry for a couple of days before bringing it into the house.